NiacinMax is also known as nicotinic acid. It is a vitamin B and occurs naturally in all plants and animals, although it may be added to many foods as a vitamin supplement.
Importance of Niacin
Having enough of niacin is important for the body. Some of the well-known benefits of niacin are explained below.
- Niacin has been used as a treatment for high cholesterol for a long time. Several studies have shown that it increases HDL cholesterol (the good cholesterol) and lowers triglyceride levels. However, these effects are only achieved at high doses.
- Niacin has been shown to reduce atherosclerosis, which in simple terms is hardening of the arteries.
- Niacin is an FDA-approved treatment for pellagra.
- There is some evidence that niacin might help lower the risk of Alzheimer’s disease, cataracts, osteoarthritis and type 1 diabetes. However, more research needs to be done.
- Niacin is the energy source of your body as it helps your cells convert proteins, fats and carbohydrates into energy.
- Niacin helps in red blood cell formation.
- Aids digestion by increasing production of hydrochloric acid in the stomach.